Accident in Once: Only two wounded remain hospitalized
Argentina, October 20, 2013
After the accident in the station Once, of the 105 wounded only two remain hospitalized. They are a passenger is in the hospital and the motorman Julio Benítez.
“The passenger, who is recovering favorably, would be discharged this afternoon , although going through various medical checkups, while Benitez remains hospitalized with multiple injuries and several police custody waiting to be able to declare before the trial judge” medical sources said.
Benitez remains hospitalized “without communication and in detention”, by order of Judge Ariel Lijo, from the Court for Criminal and Correctional.
The other passengers, who had been hospitalized, mostly with multiple injuries caused by the impact, were already discharged.
As of yesterday, the Minister Florencio Randazzo said the convoy entered the platform at 22 km per hour, 10 km / h more than the average speed of the line formations.
The Sarmiento line, relentlessly criticized by its users, accumulated in 18 months a staggering of 54 dead and at least 1120 wounded.