16 people were hospitalized due to carbon monoxide poisoning in Children’s Hospital
The improper installation of a water heater in the area of neonatology at Children’s Hospital Ricardo Gutiérrez caused that eleven doctors and nurses, four mothers and a baby had to be hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning, while authorities closed the hospital sector.
Everything started this morning when police received orders from the Federal Emergency Department to go to this hospital, located on 1330 Gallo Street, as there was a person in a sector faded.
Once officers arrived on the scene, they spoke with medical personnel and so was Dr. Patricia Stach, who is alluded sector chief, who said that around midnight a baby had became ill, many parents of kids and medical internships area, so physicians perform especially tests after blood collection yielded result of carbon monoxide inhalation.
In response, the staff auditor requested the presence of members of the Federal Superintendent of Fire in order to verify the situation.