The subway ticket increase was suspended
March 19, 2013
The subway fare increase was suspended by a court after accepting a complaint filed by the Buenos Aires legislature member Alejandro Bodart.
The ticket that now costs $ 2.50 would increase from morning to $ 3.50, according to the provisions of Mauricio Macri Government.
But the Court in Administrative and Tax Law No. 3 under Judge Paul Mantaras accepted Bodart filing and suspended the increase.
Mantaras ordered the city government to “suspend the enforcement of the resolution 1798/SBASE/13″ and that “within two days accompanied by a report which prove the elements that motivated the enactment” of the increase.
Meanwhile Bodart said the Metrovías Company, which holds the concession of the service, has enormous profits and it would not need such a increase in the rate, as this could absorb the lack of national government subsidies.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet