Malvinas: Britain rejects the mediation requested by the President to the Pope
March 18, 2013
The British government rejected this afternoon mediation requested by President Cristina Kirchner to Pope Francis saying that “the Holy Church has no role to play in the dispute” which is considered ‘bilateral’.
“The Holy Church is clearly regards the question of the Falkland Islands (British name) as bilaterally between sovereign nations and does not have a role to play (in the dispute).” “We do not expect to change that position”, Foreign office said.
“The referendum in the Falklands sent a clear message to the world that the people on the islands want to remain a British overseas territory”, it added.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet