Capriles to close the oil tap to Cuba
March 18, 2013
Candidate for President of Venezuela Henrique Capriles said that “if he win elections in April 14 he will close the oil tap to Cuba, so no drop of oil will finance the government of Raul Castro.”
Venezuela, a member of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), provides some 100,000 barrels per day to Cuba in exchange for services such as sending doctors.
Supporters of the pact, ‘see it as an instrument for the expansion of health care in Venezuela’, and the opponents see it it as a hidden subsidy to the Castro regime.
Capriles vowed in a speech to university students in the state of Zulia that: “the government candidate knows that he has not the ability to take this country forward because he doesn’t bring the same backing as his predecessor, the charismatic Hugo Chavez.”
“Nicholas knows he will not solve any problems, is bullshit”, he said and added he will work to “have jobs, food, and security.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet