England: Carlos Tévez caught driving without license
England, March 8, 2013
Carlos Tevez, the Argentine striker of Manchester City, was released on bail today after being arrested by the police for driving without license.
According to police sources cited by the local agency Press Association: “The player was arrested in Cheshire, Chester County (England), on suspicion of driving despite having no authorization to do so.”
A British court took away his driver’s license in January, six months after being banned for two fines for speeding and no answer to the requirements of the police.
Tevez’s lawyer, Lews Gwyn said, at that time, that “the Manchester City player, of 28 years old, understood the word ‘police’ (‘police’), but not ‘constabulary’, referred to in English to law enforcement in small towns, so ignored several letters on two penalties for speeding”.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet