Buenos Aires’s teachers will hold a strike on Monday and Tuesday
Argentina, March 3. 2013
On Monday and Tuesday, Buenos Aires teachers will hold a 48-hour strike to demand better wages. Roberto Baradel, Suteba holder said “governments need to wake up.”
Last week, teachers had also conducted an strike of 48 hours, after the provincial government’s proposals were rejected.
For now, the provincial government offered an increase of 17.8%, which was not welcomed by teachers, since their claim was 22%. For this reason, Suteba announced its second strike for tomorrow and Tuesday.
“We regret this situation. We were not looking for it, we’re trying to do everything to not reach this situation, but unfortunately there will be a 48-hour strike on Monday and Tuesday, and Wednesday there will be a demonstration in front of the Ministry of Education the Nation. We are convinced that the struggle is needed to get out of the crisis in public education” said Baradel in statements to Radio Mitre.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet