Major damage after storm “Adan”
Buenos Aires, March 2, 2013
An intense storm of rain and wind, known as “Adam”, caused havoc in Capital City and other locations like Cordoba and Bahia Blanca.
In Buenos Aires, a lot of fallen trees and roofs detached from the house were recorded after the storm.
“Very intense rain fell. About 30 millimeters in little time and reached 45 millimeters, with high winds,” Civil Defense Director Daniel Russo said detailing the most affected districts were Villa Lugano, Belgrano, Palermo and Caballito.
He added that on 4200 Escalada St. the wind off the roof of a supermarket. “The blast hit the roof of four towers of eight floors each, whose plates hit by strong winds, which at the time were up to 80 kilometers.”
Meanwhile in Córdoba there were very strong winds like Villa Maria which had gusts of 100km / h. In Cordoba Capital and surrounding areas are without light with a lot of poles and trees fallen besides roofs of houses damaged.
One of the most impressive images has to do with a house badly damaged by a falling tree in the south of Córdoba province.
In Bahia Blanca, lightning struck the house of a councilor of the city, when a thunderstorm accompanied by rains took place during the morning.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet