Teacher’s union announced strike before the start of the academic year
Argentina, February 22, 2013
After the meeting, the Federation of Educators of Buenos Aires decided to do a strike of 96 hours just three days before the start of the academic year 2013. The claim involves the reopening of the joint and a 30% wage increase.
The strike will be held two days these week and the rest in the next week. This was announced by one of the unions that groups most of the teachers of the province of Buenos Aires.
The straw that broke the camel’s back was the disagreement between the provincial government and the union’s claim for wage increases and universal family allowances.
For now, other guilds as SUTEBA, UDA, AMET and private SADOP are analyzing whether to join the claim or not, after last night rejected the request of the Province of giving more time to the wage increase offer and avoid a strike at the beginning of classes.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet