Witness testified at Pistorius trial: “I’ve heard cries before the shooting”
South Africa, February 20, 2013
During the trial of Pistorius, 26, a witness said, “I’ve heard incessant screams coming from the house of the athlete Oscar Pistorius, before the occurrence of the first shots”.
This statement contradicts the version of Pistorius, who yesterday reported that the couple had dinner and went to sleep before they heard a noise and woke up. Thus he thought that an intruder had entered the bathroom and fired several shots into the door without realizing that his girlfriend was inside.
On Tuesday, before the Court, Pistorius said: “I shot through the bathroom door after mistaking my girlfriend with an intruder.”
The prosecutor also presented a witness to a police officer, Hilton Botha, who arrived at the scene around 4:15 local time and said: “I found the deceased at the foot of the stairs. He had already been declared dead by doctors. She was wearing white shorts and a black shirt. She was covered with towels. “
The agent also noted that: “they found four cell phones, two in Pistorius’s room and two in the bathroom, but had not been used for months.”
Botha, in response to a question from the prosecutor, said: “I think Pistorius knew he was shooting his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp the night she died at home.”
This Wednesday is the second day of the hearing in Pretoria, in which the athlete is seeking for a bail. Pistorius full trial is expected to begin in a few months.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet