Hugo Chavez arrived this morning to Venezuela
February 18, 2013
Venezuela president Hugo Chavez arrived unexpectedly at 2:30 this morning to Caracas, after spending more than two months in Cuba, where he underwent surgery for cancer last Dec. 11.
Chavez wrote on his personal Twitter account: “We have come back to the country of Venezuela. Thank God! Thank you dear people! Here we continue the treatment.”
“Thanks to Fidel, Raul and all of Cuba! Thanks Venezuela for the love! “.
“I’m still clinging to Christ and trust in my doctors and nurses. Ever onward to victory! We will live and we will win! “.
This was the first Twitter message of the president in over three months, from November 1.
The Venezuelan government said last Friday, “After a complicated postoperative process, the president remained conscious, with integrity of intellectual functions in close communication with his administration and in front of the main tasks inherent to the position.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet