Timerman against Jewish leaders: “They ask for anything so there is no trial”
February 15, 2013
Foreign Minister Héctor Timerman criticized Jewish leaders amid tension by the Memorandum of Understanding between Argentina and Iran as part of the investigation into the bombing of the AMIA in 1994.
“They ask for anything so there is no trial, is very striking this desperation to stop the justice”, Timerman said on Jewish leaders.
He added: “In their desperation to stop the justice for not advancing the cause, Borger goes on to say that there will be a third attack. That’s not a figure of speech, you have a responsibility when speaking. It was an unfortunate phrase that went wrong in trying to rein in justice.”
“I said he used the threat of a third attempt to stop the investigation. If there is a threat of a third attack after Argentines voted this agreement, that is terrorizing the people,” the official said.
“He is saying that those who want to have a trial want a third attack. They cannot happily tell me that there will be a third attack,” the foreign minister said on Radio Mitre.
“The case has been paralyzed since 2006. The only way to have a judgment is to be interrogated the suspects. We accomplish that Iran sign a document to ask them. It’s like the U.S. is doing on the nuclear issue with Iran,” said the minister.
“Some people do not want to be investigated, the case does not go to trial, play interests of other countries, not the community, countries that do not want dialogue with Iran, they want the conflict with Iran,” he said.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet