Cristina Kirchner, against Macri: “The trees are sacred, we must not touch them”
Argentina, February 15, 2013
During the inauguration of public works in El Calafate, Santa Cruz, President Cristina Kirchner criticized the head of Government of Buenos Aires Mauricio Macri because of the deforestation on 9 of July Avenue to build the new Metrobus route.
Thus, the president said “we will not throw a single tree. The trees are sacred, we must not touch them. At least here in El Calafate, over my dead body. “
Thus, she referred to the works done by Mauricio Macri in the City of Buenos Aires, which required cutting down various trees to widen the street. After the controversy, the Buenos Aires government announced that the trees would be transplanted.
Moreover, the president spoke against the current governor of Santa Cruz, Daniel Peralta, who is faced with the Casa Rosada. So, she requested to “leave alone people who works, not to put a spoke in the wheel” and that “the province inaugurates works with national government funding and has a high degree of indebtedness”.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet