A plane of the Air Force crashed in Santiago del Estero
Argentina, February 14, 2013
Today, an Air Force plane suffered technical problems and crashed near Vice Commodore Ángel Aragonés Airport in Santiago del Estero. After the incident, the pilots managed to survive because they ejected meters before crashing.
The plane involved is a model Fightinghawk Douglas A4-AR and the crash happened minutes before 10 am. The local newspaper reported that the pilots managed to eject in time but suffer injuries, so they had to be hospitalized.
For now, police, fire engines and ambulances are working at the scene. Both drivers were taken to hospital Regional Ramón Carrillo.
Dr. Ramon Vittar said through radio statements that the emergency services received the alert from the airport and immediately departed several units to the area of the event. “We moved to help the two injured drivers. They had multiple injuries but were in a state of total consciousness, which is a good incentive. We’ll have to wait for the first studies to determine their conditions,” he added.
The injured were identified as David Machado, Mayo of the Air Force and Lieutenant. Esteban Bossi.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet