Israeli ambassador in Argentina described as “nosense” the accusations of Iran
Argentina, February 13, 2013
The Israeli ambassador in Argentina, Dorit Shavit, today described as “nonsense” the accusation of Iran that the Jewish state was involved in the attack on the AMIA in 1994.
“Ask those in charge of the affairs of Iran here in the country. I think this already happened in the past and every person understands that what Iran is saying is not possible, “said Shavit.
Speaking to the Jewish News Agency (AJN), the ambassador said that the agreement between Iran and Argentina will be closely followed, but declined to give comment.
Yesterday, through IRNA, the Iranian state news agency, the regime in Tehran claimed that “agents of Tel Aviv” participated in the 1994 terrorist attack, which caused 85 deaths.
That statement generated a strong rejection of the Jewish community at a time when Congress is preparing to discuss the memorandum of understanding signed by the governments of Argentina and Iran.
“Iranian officials and Argentina agreed to cooperate to clarify this case and safely help to solve the problem,” concluded the news agency.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet