Earthquake of 7 degrees in Colombia
February 9, 2013
An earthquake of 7 degrees on the Richter scale rocked Colombia and part of Ecuador this Sunday, the seismic alert system of the United States said.
The quake was recorded at 14.16 (UTC) to 5 kilometers northeast of Yacuanquer and the epicenter was located in Túquerres to 123 km depth.
According to initial reports, the quake left no damage. In some places the Internet and cable service were interrupted for a few hours.
In Bogota several people took to the streets before the shock of the earthquake, many panicked by strong ground motion.
Officials toured several Colombian municipalities and confirmed that there were no fatalities or injuries, nor damage.
In Ecuador, the National Risk Secretariat reported, “the earthquake was felt in 12 of the 24 provinces of the country, mainly in the coastal and central highlands.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet