Riquelme could return to Boca after his negotiations with Tigre
Argentina, February 4, 2013
A few days ago, it seemed that Juan Román Riquelme would defend the colors of the “Matador”, after his meetings with representative members of the Executive Committee of Tigre and the Mayor Sergio Massa. However, it came out today that the situation is more complex and that he could return to Boca, the club he denied a month ago.
After his departure from Boca, the 10 was in the sight of several Brazilian clubs. It was recently learned that Tigre had meetings to have him for the National Tournament, the Libertadores Cup and the Argentine Cup. Now he could return to Boca.
In relation to the world Boca, Riquelme went in the preseason to speak with the coach Carlos Bianchi to say he would not play for Boca during the semester. Since then, the back and forth about his future seems endless.
“Riquelme is far from Tigre and Argentinos, and closer to Boca” was the statement that dropped today Claudio Freire, Fox Sports reporter in the “90 Minutes” program.
Moreover, Clarin newspaper says that Riquelme and Bianchi had a telephone contact.
Tigre, meanwhile, has the backing of Massa to bring the 10, who is looking for advertisers to fund his contract.
“We will try to convince Roman and try to find a way out of Boca for all those who want to see him play for Tigre” said Massa.