Timerman travels to Great Britain to gather support on the Falklands issue
Argentina, February 3, 2013
The Argentine Foreign Minister Hector Timerman will arrive tomorrow to Britain to meet with representatives of 18 European Union countries that support the dialogue between Argentina and Great Britain over the Malvinas issue. He added that “not ruled out” a meeting with his British counterpart William Hague.
Timerman said that he will leave “again an invitation to Hague for a bilateral meeting.”
Moreover, the foreign minister stressed that the government’s refusal Cameron comes from a “position of weakness and internal crisis.”
He added “the British administration in Malvinas is an illegal government” and recalled that the UN understands it as “a colony of people implanted by a colonial power.”
“There is no country in the world, no country that accepts British sovereignty in the Falklands,” he said.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet