Sabbatella: “We have to explain to De la Sota is governor, not emperor”
January 30, 2013
Federal Authority of Audiovisual Communication head Martin Sabbatella said the closure of three antennas of the Open Digital Television Network (TDA) in the province of Cordoba is “an act of censorship and an attack on freedom of expression and the right of information of Cordoba “.
He said it was a “political decision to benefit the Clarín Group” and accused José Manuel de la Sota of “not wanting to follow the law.”
“We have to explain (to De la Sota) he is governor and not emperor, that there are laws that must be met,” said Sabbatella in a news conference at the headquarters of the AFSCA, after heading a meeting with stations representatives of TDA network.
Sabbatella expressed “deep concern about what is considered an attack on freedom of expression and an act of censorship,” and ruled that “since the AFSCA we share that vision, it is a violent attack on the right to information of Cordoba citizens and to all communication.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet