Venegas replied to the President and accused her of “lying to the people”
January 29, 2013
UATRE Guild head recalled that last year the government had cancelled a joint agreement of 35%, in reference to President statements when she said that Venegas sector has the lower wages and higher informality.
Geronimo Venegas, known as “Momo”, accused her of “lying to the people”, and said that last year the government got more than 10% of increase reached for the guild.
“The President always lies to people. We were more than a month blocking routes because this same President took 10.7% of workers wage increase last year. We are still in the courts, and even went to complain to the ILO, who sent a note to the government not to get into the joint,” he said.
During an interview on radio La Red, he also said that the head of the black work is the government “because it is the one with the police power.”
To Venegas, rural workers earn well, and said “the rural worker’s minimum wage is 3870 pesos. With room and board, means a salary of more than 7000 pesos in the City”.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet