Hugo Chavez is recovering from respiratory infection
January 26, 2013
Communication Minister of Venezuela, Ernesto Villegas, announced that President Hugo Chavez has recovered from the respiratory infection.
“The respiratory infection has been overcome, although there is some degree of respiratory failure that is being treated properly,” said the minister in Santiago, under EU-CELAC summit taking place in Chile.
“After 45 days of surgery for removal of a malignant lesion in the pelvis, which generated severe respiratory complications, the Chavez general trend is in better,” said Villegas.
“Commander Chavez has been in full compliance and medical treatment has always been active in his recovery process, which has not finished,” said the minister.
The official added, “We estimated the possible return of the president to Caracas in some weeks”, but “we don’t want to create an accurate expectation, because everything depends on the evolution of the clinical picture.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet