Cristina and her reunion with Dilma: “It was an excellent meeting”
January 26, 2013
President Cristina Kirchner held a bilateral meeting with Dilma Rousseff at the Ritz Hotel in Santiago de Chile, for more than 40 minutes prior to the Summit of CELAC and EU.
“The meeting was excellent, but there will be another later because there was not time,” said Cristina.
Moreover, the president said that it is needed a new EU negotiating with Mercosur; it demands new bases.
“Negotiations with the European Union can not be taken with the bases in 2004. We must build a new scheme of premises, first intra Mercosur, because we are not only Argentina and Brazil, but amongst all alongside Paraguay, Uruguay and Venezuela, especially Paraguay, which has elections (presidential) and in August will have new authorities,” said the president.
Cristina Kirchner called “forming an ad hoc committee to discuss intra Mercosur and reworked new proposals and to present a new offer in the last quarter of this year to the EU” because “in this new world, there are new players and new terms of trade”.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet