María Eugenia Vidal: “The transport policy of the national government failed”
January 20, 2013
The deputy head of Buenos Aires Government, María Eugenia Vidal, reiterated Saturday that the national government “made no concrete proposal” to avoid increasing rate subways and held that “the transport policy of the national government failed.”
“After ten years, the Government’s transport policy has failed and national party wants subsidies to be paid by provinces and those with a different political hue” Vidal accused.
The deputy chief insisted, moreover, that the meeting of the Metropolitan Transportation Agency in Government House was “a joke”, and that “they didn’t have a single concrete proposal”.
“The only thing that the national government made is saying that it disagreed with increased ticket from 2.50 to 3.50 as of March.”
In a radio interview, Vidal recalled that a year ago, the allowance for subways halved and now is reduced to zero, in an arbitrary and unfair decision, while the national government continues to subsidize the trains and the buses.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet