Jodie Foster’s confession in front of her children at the Golden Globes
January 14, 2013
Actress Jodie Foster received a Golden Globe for her career, and gave an emotional speech about her homosexuality in front of her two children, Charles aged 14 and Kit 12.
The actress, 50, surprised the audience by talking about her sexuality, before her sons rarely seen.
Jodie started very nervous: “I guess I have an urgent need to say something I was never able to speak in public and I’m a little nervous.” “I’ll just say here, high and proud… I’m single,” she laughed.
“I am single. Yes I am, I am single. No, I’m kidding — but I mean I’m not really kidding, but I’m kind of kidding. I mean, thank you for the enthusiasm. Can I get a wolf whistle or something? [Audio is silent for seven seconds] … be a big coming-out speech tonight because I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age, in those very quaint days when a fragile young girl would open up to trusted friends and family and co-workers and then gradually, proudly to everyone who knew her, to everyone she actually met. But now I’m told, apparently that every celebrity is expected to honor the details of their private life with a press conference, a fragrance and a prime-time reality show.
“You know, you guys might be surprised, but I am not Honey Boo Boo Child. No, I’m sorry, that’s just not me. It never was and it never will be. Please don’t cry because my reality show would be so boring. I would have to make out with Marion Cotillard or I’d have to spank Daniel Craig’s bottom just to stay on the air. It’s not bad work if you can get it, though.
Both Jodie and the audience who listened were thrilled to tears, receiving strong support from Mel Gibson.
Foster thanked the love of Cydney Bernard, her partner for 20 years and with whom she raised her children.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet