The Civil and Commercial Court accepted the Sociedad Rural as “owner” of the Palermo property
January 7, 2013
The Federal Civil and Commercial Court said the Argentina Rural Society (SRA) “owns” the show floor of Palermo, to annul the presidential decree which declared void the sale by the National in 1991 and ordered the expropriation.
Furthermore, judges warned that by providing that the property sold to private hands in 1991 passes the State, should have been done prior to resorting Justice.
Judicial sources reported that judges Graciela Medina, Francisco de las Carreras and Ricardo Guarinoni considered that “it is plausible to argue that who owns the Palermo fairgrounds is the SRA, as emerges from the writing of May 27, 1992, granted before Notary General of the National Government.”
“In this context, the National Government would lack, in principle, standing to try to recover a property sold over twenty years ago, by a unilateral act,” replied the judge.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet