The Sun replied to Cristina Kirchner with a requested on Malvinas
January 5, 2013
The biggest newspaper in the UK, the tabloid The Sun, said Friday the new call of Argentina’s President Cristina Kirchner to the return of the disputed Falkland Islands in an open letter published in the Buenos Aires Herald.
The day after that Kirchner published as advertisement in the British press his own letter to Prime Minister David Cameron asking the “end of colonialism”, The Sun got another notice in Spanish and English on the English-language Buenos Aires newspaper warning Argentina does not touch on the South Atlantic archipelago called the British Falklands.
“British sovereignty over the Falkland Islands is from 1765-before that Argentina even existed.”
The islands were never governed or were part of the sovereign territory of Argentina, “says the Sun in his letter, in which it considered” unfounded “the allegation that the South American country was “stripped “of the archipelago for 180 years.
The paper defends the government’s official position on the right to self-determination of the islanders, who have so far opted to remain linked to the United Kingdom as British Overseas Territory.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet