The millionaire stolen in Punta del Este could be fined by the Uruguayan Government
Uruguay, January 1, 2013
After suffering the theft of jewelry for more than five million dollars, the manager of Fiat, Eduard “Lapo” Elkann, could be fined by the government of Uruguay because he did not declare the amount of money he got into the country.
After being robbed, the government of “Pepe” Mujica evaluates to fine the manager of Fiat for irregularities with the money he took to Uruguay.
The Uruguayan rules provide that any sum exceeding ten thousand dollars per person must be declared on the form that is given to tourists at the time of entering the country.
The fine which may be sanctioned reaches 30 percent of the undeclared money.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet