In the last day of the year, travelers could not buy foreign currency
Argentina, December 31, 2012
On the last day of the year, the system used to change pesos for foreign currency failed again. The same is used by the Federal Administration of Public Revenue (AFIP, for its acronym in Spanish). Tourists traveling on vacation outside the country will have to wait at least until Wednesday.
Today, banks and exchange houses opened and suffered the failures of the system used by the AFIP to report the data of purchase and sale of foreign currency of travelers.
Despite many people chose to go early to the banks, even before they open, the system did not last twenty minutes. Since 10:30 am, travelers who tried to buy foreign currency found that the system failed.
It may be recalled that last Friday, before the last long weekend of 2012, the system crashed at 11 am and left travelers unable to buy foreign currency.
For the time, they will have to wait until Wednesday January 2, while the illegal dollar continues to rise and reaches AR$ 7.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet