The subway: Macri plans to limit metrodelegados’s claims and end the contract with Metrovías
Argentina, November 26, 2012
The subway, in hands of the head of Government Mauricio Macri, will have major changes. One is the end of the concession for the company Metrovías. With the transfer approved by the Legislature, the contract falls and the company has 90 days to renegotiate.
“With us Metrovías will not continue the contract it currently has. We will initiate a conversation in the first 90 days,” confirmed Martin Ocampo, macrist legislator, on radio statements.
In case no agreement is reached, Macri should hire another operator or carry subway operation by a corporation.
In addition, the new management plans to set limits to the metrodelegados, whose representation has achieved great employment benefits for employees of the subway, as the reduction in working hours and wage increases.
The Buenos Aires government wants to limit the number of strikes and strike days as there is a minimum frequency of 90% at peak and 60% in normal time. The public will be declared essential and this will determine this percentage, which should be met.
The macrism continues claiming the 1,200 million pesos of debt, in the form of infrastructure, to the national government. However, if the payment is not reached, it will create a fund to cover the remaining work.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet