Griesa was influenced by the speeches of Cristina to rule in favor of the vulture funds
November 22, 2012
The federal judge in New York, Thomas Griesa, who ruled in favor of the vulture funds revealed that his decision was influenced by the words of President Cristina Kirchner and Economy Minister Hernan Lorenzino.
“From the time of the decision of the Court of Appeals on October 26, the highest officials in Argentina have declared that they will pay the bondholders (who enter the swap) but they would not pay a single dollar to holders of original titles that do not enter the swap”, Griesa said.
“President Cristina Kirchner was pronounced that way” and that “the Economy Minister Hernan Lorenzino said that despite any judgment of any jurisdiction, Argentina would not pay to the so-called holdouts”.
Griesa explained that he asked the lawyer representing Argentina if the media reports were true about these statements. “In response, the lawyer went on to other subjects, which means that the media reports were not denied,” said the magistrate.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet