In pictures: Chinese citizen is called “the man chimp”
November 20, 2012
A Chinese man nicknamed ‘Chimpanzee’ has received the first of several procedures to help eliminate a thick “skin” that covers part of his body.
Zhang Hongming, from Chongqing, southwest China, suffers a giant congenital mole, which generates hair.
Zhang was born with black spots on his body, but because of the poverty of his family did not receive any treatment.
‘The skin was a nightmare for me since I was born,” Zhang said.
Initially, Zhang only had birthmarks black color but at the age of eight years old a lot of thick black hair began to grow on them.
Over the years he has faced a lot of abuse and ridicule, like nicknames like “monkey”, “beast” and “chimp”.
“Every time I see people whispering around me, I’d run away.”
But now, the Plastic Surgery Hospital Hua Mei decided to provide free treatment to Zhang after hearing his story. And it has already gone through the first of the six procedures to remove hair and moles.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet