Per saltum: The Lower House approved it and it’s law
November 15, 2012
Argentina Lower House passed into law the per saltum, standard promoted by the Government to lead directly to the Supreme Court the dispute with Grupo Clarin by the application of the Media Law.
The ruling bloc, with spaces allies, got enough to pass the bill, beyond rejection of all the opposition. So, after seven hours of debate, the bill was passed with 135 votes in favor and 95 negative.
The special appeal called per saltum empowers the Court to intervene in cases that have not passed all the procedural stages and lower in cases of “institutional obviously serious”.
The ruling will use this tool to the application filed by Grupo Clarin against Article 161 of divestment of the media law, holding that it is unconstitutional.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet