“I never wanted to hurt anyone,” said Michetti on her statements about gay couples adopting children
Buenos Aires, November 13, 2012
The national congresswoman for the PRO party, Gabriela Michetti, apologized for her remarks about the adoption in gay couples.
“This is a topic that worries me because I have not defined”, she said in an interview to the newspaper La Nacion when she was asked what she thinks if Alex Feryre, militant of gay marriage, told her he wanted to adopt.
“If you put me in the situation of a child who is capable of neglect and at-a life that will be very painful and very sad and no one wants to adopt, but there are a gay couple who wants to adopt … Well, take it,” she added.
And then she mused: “We must think on the discrimination that a kid can suffer. I request the data and look at it and then decide. “
The Congresswoman was deeply criticized and therefore she apologized via Twitter. “I never wanted to hurt anyone,” Michetti said.
“I know God always opens and brightens my heart. So I humbly apologize if I hurt with my faults,” she said.
“I spent all night without sleeping, praying and reflected. I have my conscience and soul at peace because I have more doubts and uncertainties in that subject as in so many others,” the congresswoman said.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet