De Vido to make a criminal complaint by the blackout
Buenos Aires, November 7, 2012
Planning Minister Julio De Vido, announced that there would be an internal investigation to determine the causes of the yesterday blackout that left a mess in the City of Buenos Aires and its suburbs.
Besides the official make a criminal complaint because he questioned the causes of the blackout. “The State, through my attorney, Dr. Llorens, will make a criminal complaint to the effect that we need to find out what happened. At this point we emphasize one particular hypothesis, but do not rule out anything, we want court to determine why the service was cut,” he said.
“We are struck by the place, time and demand that had that facility, which was half could bear. Also there was a line that had been checked recently,” said the minister.
De Vido said that there are still 85,000 people without power. “We can not blame the heat wave. The high voltage line (yesterday) stormed out dragging service that runs parallel to another at the time, was not overloaded despite the high level of demand, that was a record for the company Edesur,” the official said.
He added: “The two lines, one of which was completely renovated during our administration, and both two were flown in the last week of routine maintenance task.”