In pictures: Climber doing yoga on a mountain peak in the French Alps
November 5, 2012
For most people, a climb of 3,500 meters and a three-hour walk can be enough in one time, but this athlete felt he had enough energy to do yoga on the mountaintop.
The Mont Blanc, the mountain granite peak of the Alps between France and Italy, was shining peacefully in the background, when the Slovenian climber Cufar Martina found a remote corner of the Alps where he could practice his amazing grace and balanced movements against breathtaking scenery.
He climbed and climbed to a peak of rock measuring just a few meters across, seeing as the last hours of afternoon sun fell.
Photographer and adventurer Lukasz Warzecha, who lives in Derbyshire Peak District, persuaded Martina to join him in the French Alps for the particular photo shoot.
The couple – along with assistant Matt Lukasz and a mountain guide – climbed huge peaks on either side of a valley near Chamonix, France, in a single day to get these perfect images.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet