Lorenzino and Mercedes del Pont will meet with the G-20
Mexico, November 3, 2012
This weekend, Economy Minister Hernán Lorenzino and Central Bank leader Mercedes Marco del Pont, will lead the official delegation to meet at the G-20. Both will speak about the criticism against vulture funds and rating agencies.
Thus, the delegation shared encounters during the weekend, among which are a working dinner with the pairs of G-20 Finances. There will also be the head of the IMF, Christine Lagarde, and the flamboyant president of the World Bank, Jim Yong Kim.
G20 members represent 85% of the world economy, in an organization that brings together Canada, USA, France, Italy, Japan and Britain, among developed countries, and twelve emerging: Saudi Arabia, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, South Korea, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Russia, South Africa and Turkey.
It should be noted that last Thursday, President Cristina Kirchner criticized the rating agencies and creditors, questioning the retention of the frigate Libertad in Ghana and the decision of the Justice of New York on behalf of bondholders who did not enter the 2003 debt swap.
“I have bad news for creditors: we’ll pay in dollars, because we have them,” argued the President, after reporting a “maneuver of minority sectors of Argentina that does not want to pay” its debts.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet