Puricelli acknowledged that he is “responsible for the retention of the frigate Libertad”
Buenos Aires, October 25, 2012
The Defense Minister Arturo Puricelli spoke of the frigate Libertad held in Ghana and recognized that it was his “responsibility.”
The official said the decision was taken by his ministry, from a proposal that brought the Navy.
The route selected for the frigate was conducted by the minister under “a strategic decision of political rapprochement” between Argentina and Africa.
“The planning of the trip was responsibility of the Ministry of Defence, from a proposal for the Navy, strategically decided to approach the African continent, as a proposal for closer political. So it was decided the entire circuit, going to Portugal, down the port of Cádiz and continue down the coast of Africa,” the minister said on the radio.
“The frigate is responsible for the Ministry of Defence. The Foreign Ministry has a responsibility because the consultation, but the responsibilities are defined by the President’s Office, and I assume that is for me,” he added.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet