‘Rain of Blood’ is coming this weekend in northern Europe
October 24, 2012
Weather forecasts are announcing this weekend a “rain of blood ‘, first mentioned in Homer’s Iliad, written in the eighth century B.C. and until the seventeenth century, people believed that raining red drops were really blood and it was a bad omen.
Meteorologist Joakim Langner of Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology of Sweden said, “It’s raining blood in Sweden, every five years, and is usually in the spring. It is also expected to occur in the UK and Denmark.
The experts clarify that “The phenomenon known as the ‘blood rain’ is not hazardous to health, but people have to be careful about leaving stains.”
Actually the cause of the strange occurrence is that the reddish color of the rain is due to the accumulation of dust and particles from the Sahara desert.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet