Macri vetoed the law of legal abortion
Buenos Aires, October 23, 2012
Buenos Aires Mayor Mauricio Macri vetoed the legal abortion law, passed by the Legislature last September 27, as it had announced.
The executive said that “the standard contains requirements that exceed the guidelines established by the Supreme Court of Justice of the Nation” in the ruling issued last March.
Such ruling voted unanimously held that “raped women, normal or insane, could have an abortion without prior judicial authorization or a subsequent fear of criminal sanction.” In addition, the physician performing the procedure was exempt from punishment.
The decree 504 was signed by Macri and Ministers of Social Development, Justice and Security, Finance, Health and Economic Development.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet