Libertad Frigate: 281 sailors return home
Buenos Aires, October 24, 2012
Tonight 281 sailors from Liberty frigate held in Ghana return home.
An Air France plane will land on Argentine soil around 20: 45, but Ministry of Defense and the Navy didn’t inform whether it would land at Ezeiza or at the air base in El Palomar.
According to military sources, “We should not rule out diversionary maneuvers”. “They are not to parade and medal. But to return either hidden as Galtieri did it with Malvinas fighters”.
“The journey of the midshipmen will not end tonight. Once on land, they will be transferred to Libertad building, the Navy headquarters, where they will spend the night”
“They were asked to take contact with their families. Devolution is the next day, probably in the Naval. Thus, the reunion with the family would have a seafront setting, in the same place where the frigate sailed on June 2.”
Ghana’s government authorized the sailors to leave the African country because “the crew is free to leave. Midshipmen are not arrested; the only thing retained is the boat.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet