Buenos Aires teachers call for a strike this week
October 21, 2012
Buenos Aires Teachers held from Tuesday to Friday strike in public and private schools to demand payment of salary arrears, the reopening of wage parity and improved school infrastructure.
The crackdown will begin this 23 with a 48-hour strike called by the workers ‘front Teachers’ union grouping comprising SUTEBA, FEB, UDA, AMET technicians and SADOP private workers.
The two measures of force were questioned by the Director General of Education, Nora de Lucía, who described them as “incomprehensible”.
The official said that “it is very hard to leave more than 4 million children without classes when dialogue will solve the situation and an additional settlement going.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet