Jujuy: 80 arrested and 70 injured during a clash between police and neighbors
Buenos Aires, October 17, 2012
So far there are about 80 detainees and 70 wounded in the neighborhood Islas Malvinas by a clash between the neighbors and the police for the installation of underground wiring transformative power plant.
This afternoon, during the renewed fighting with police to prevent the start of construction, electricity and phone service were cut and there were communication problems with the mobile phones as well.
The protest turned violent when police ordered to evacuate and began to repress the demonstrators.
According to neighbors, ‘Police did not show a warrant to unlock the place and also used tear gas and violence for eviction.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet