Media Law: Authorities are elected in the bicameral committee
Buenos Aires, October 16, 2012
The members of the bicameral committee to monitor the Communication law meet today to elect the authorities and be formally constituted.
The meeting will be held at 11 in Congress, in response to a request earlier this month to both houses by the new head of the Federal Authority of Audiovisual Communication Services (AFSCA), Martin Sabbatella.
The commission, which would be chaired by the congressman of the Front for Victory, Agustín Rossi, to be composed of 16 congressmen of the ruling party and the opposition.
The vice president of the lower house, the socialist Alicia Ciciliani, defended the place of the opposition. “The law is clear and says the AFSCA and RTA must have representation from the opposition.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet