Navy chief resigns due to the conflict of the frigate Libertad
October 15, 2012
The Navy chief resigned after the conflict of the frigate Libertad, held in Ghana in vulture funds requirement for payment of a debt default.
President Cristina Kirchner has accepted the resignation of Admiral Carlos Alberto Paz, and instead appointed Vice Admiral Daniel Alberto Martin.
The Defense Ministry said in a statement, “Administrative proceedings were initiated in the area of the Navy, with the aim of establishing liability for the decision that the frigate ARA Libertad made at the Port of Tema, Ghana during its Forty Third Instruction trip”.
“In this regard and as documentation in this Ministry, the reassignment was amended by ‘operational reasons’, by the then Director General of Organization and Doctrine of the Navy, Commodore of Marina VGM Mario Alfredo Blanco, as stated in the note signed by the same dated May 14, 2012″, was highlighted.
“The officer said he had assumed the post in question, dated February 14, 2012, replaced four months later, on June 13 of current within a month of having changed the course of the frigate Libertad”.
In this line, it was announced “the suspension of the mentioned officer, as well as the Secretary General of the Navy Alte. Luis Maria Gonzalez Day “.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet