The National Identity Document will have to be updated with 14 years old
Argentina, October 13, 2012
On Wednesday, the Senate will treat the project of law to vote with 16 years old. The initiative brings changes regarding the updating of the National Identity Document.
The project provides that the amendments done to the electoral code implies the update of the NID at 14 and not at 16.
This change stems from the modification of the Law 17,671 of National Register of Persons, which establishes that the DNI should be updated for the first time at age 8, again at 16, and finally at 30.
However, the project that the Senate will vote on amending Article 10 paragraph “B” of the rule, which will set the DNI will need an update “with 14 years old.”
The bill modifies the first article of the Electoral Code, which if sanctioned by law, national voters could be “native Argentines and by choice since age 16 and naturalized Argentines over 18 years.”
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet