Sabatella: “The opposition fights against freedom of expression and democracy”
Argentina, October 13, 2012
AFSCA President Martin Sabbatella, said the behavior of the opposition in the Council of Magistrates “is a new maneuver against freedom of expression and democracy.”
Sabbatella thus alluded to the maneuvers to lock the appointment of judges in five civil courts, including one that handles a cause for the application of Article 161 (clause of divestment) of the Law on Audiovisual Communication Services, which has been appealed by Clarín group.
The AFSCA Holder said that “what is happening in the Judicial Council is a disgrace, are blocking the Constitution, are blocking the nomination of natural judges” and added “is a new maneuver against freedom of expression and democracy, as well as when they tried to make a majority in Congress, which refused to return to Parliament in a buffet of lawyers to defend corporate interests.”
Sabbatella said that “everything they do is to lock the full implementation of the Law on Audiovisual Communication Services”, following the appointment of Raul Torti as deputy judge of the Federal Court to face No. 1.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet