Cristina: “It will be a challenge to democracy, to know if there is an economic group that is above the three branches of government”
Buenos Aires, October 10, 2012
Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner led a ceremony at the Museum of the Bicentennial, three years after the enactment of the Law on Audiovisual Communication, where she referred to December 7, when the injunction expires by the Clarín group, regarding the Article 161 which raises the divestment of monopolies.
The president said that when the Media Law began to be discussed, the focus was to “ensure the plurality of voices” and those who refuse to accept the institutions have become that in a different thing.
“This is a challenge to democracy itself. The challenge of knowing if really can be an economic group that is above the three branches of government. This is a big challenge,” said Cristina.
“The court has made a ruling on the 7D as deadline to end the adjustment process required by law and that incredibly it can not be fulfilled. December 8 is the Virgin day. And the next business day is the 10th of December, the day of universal human rights. Nothing more, nothing less,” said the president.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet