Hector Ponce chairs the dairy meeting IUF in Las Vegas
October 3, 2012
ATILRA The Secretary General Hector Ponce is presiding in Vegas, United States, the dairy industry meeting IUF (International Union of Food Workers) multilateral organization based in Geneva, Switzerland, attached to the ILO (Organization International Labour Office).
The conference brings together the small table of leaders representing dairy expressions in the world as the Association of Dairy Industry Workers of Argentina (ATILRA), the Fodevareforbundet of Denmark, the New Zealand Dairy Workers Union Incorporated, New Zealand, Spain Agrifood Federation and Livsmedelsarbetareförbundet Svenska, Sweden. Also The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, the United States are present.
ATILRA head Hector Ponce is again at the forefront of discussions at this international meeting joined at the table as the English authorities Ron Oswald, New Zealander James Ritchie and Burcu Ayan of India.
Deliberations began today and during the same is analyzing all subjects related to the dairy sector, thus giving continuity to the discussions held last year in Hamilton, New Zealand.
The leaders discussed, among other things, the current international dairy and the projection of the activity, which is in many cases as in Argentina, a key tool for strengthening regional economies.
In terms of organization the executive International Dairy Division will:
· Fight against precarious work and defend and promote decent work and safe and food safety in the dairy companies
· Interact with various actors that make up the dairy chain in different countries, in order to provide, together, the best ways and results leading to the comprehensive strengthening of the sector.
· Improve research relating to India’s dairy sector and the EU countries.
· Focus on Lactalis business research, Parmalat, Arla, Dairy Farmers of America, Deans Switzerland and multinational companies operating in Asia.
· Complete the study of institutions and union strength in Nestlé, Danone, Lactalis, Friesland Campina, Fonterra, Deans Switzerland, Arla Foods, Dairy Farmers of America, Kraft and Unilever through the exchange of information with affiliates.
· Increasing union density globally in companies linked to the dairy industry.
· Leverage strategically ILO and OECD Guidelines where it is appropriate, in order to strengthen the rights framework to combat precarious employment.
· Establish strong legislation, at national and supranational to restrict the growth of precarious work and ensure full respect for equal treatment and the effective exercise of trade union rights.