Sabbatella was commissioned by the President as head of the AFSCA
October 1, 2012
Cristina Kirchner officially appointed Congressman Martin Sabbatella as new head of the Federal Authority of Audiovisual Communication Services (AFSCA) in a ceremony held today at the Casa Rosada.
“Some people said Sabbatella had voted Media Law but he wasn’t congressman then. In 2009 Martin Sabbatella topped a list and my lifelong companion another. When there is such plurality and diversity reactions are generated,” said the president.
He added, “Sabbatella received four challenges. Three opposition: one of the PRO that before had given an award, one from Civic Coalition and one from a congresswoman who I do not know to party is and the fourth challenge was by the Grupo Clarin,” she explained.
“Martin you are going to face a tough and noble task that is to finish the work of the media law,” said the president.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet