Cristina at Harvard: “There is no desire of this president to reform the constitution”
September 27, 2012
Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner said in a conference at Harvard University that is not her desire to reform the constitution to be re-running for president in 2015.
“This is not what I want, but what I can or should. It’s a moot point now because the Constitution does not allow a third term. In my country we discuss many things,” the president said.
She also explained the issue of dollar exchange stating, “There is no currency exchange control in Argentina, but that’s more a media title.”
“The problem we’ve had is that during the last election, the result of strong rumors that were going to devalue, evaporated more than 4 billion dollars to hoarding, which does not occur in either Brazil or Chile or Colombia “.
Cristina explained in this line that if we had those dollars “we could pay the debt without restrictions.”
President also said about her heritage, ensuring that she can explain the origin of all her property. “All my life I had a certain economic position and is a product that I have been a very successful lawyer.”
Cristina also confirmed that all the time is talking to millions of Argentines, including journalists, trade unionists and citizens in general, otherwise she would never have won with 54% of the votes.
* The backup image section of this tag has been generated for use on a
* non-SSL page. If this tag is to be placed on an SSL page, change the
* This noscript section of this tag only shows image banners. There
* is no width or height in these banners, so if you want these tags to
* allocate space for the ad before it shows, you will need to add this
* information to the
* If you do not want to deal with the intricities of the noscript
* section, delete the tag (from ... to ). On
* average, the noscript tag is called from less than 1% of internet